Ahhhh, sorry I’ve been absent on the old social media lately. On top of starting a new year at work, I also started another prep, which means I have to get it together in order to be ready for my next show! 13 weeks UNTIL UFE!
If you follow my blog, you know my preps can get PRETTY interesting with the fact that I travel so much. One of my favorite strategies is to meal prep at the beginning of the week. My goal in prep is to make my life feel AS NORMAL as possible by making foods I enjoy. If you want to sit there and eat chicken, be my guest… but it sounds miserable.
Today I really wanted Chinese. Like bad. Like a whole thing of steamed rice and 15 crab rangoon, but I didn’t. Instead I made this super healthy beef and broccoli stir fry. This really only takes under 20 minutes, and it is good for kids and adults alike!
1.5 oz lean sirloin, chopped into bite sized pieces
11 oz broccoli
2 tbsp sesame seeds (These are high in fat guys. I was very low on my fats today so I added, but if you are watching fat content, you may want to drop to 1 tbsp.)
3-4 tbsp Zero Calorie Sesame Ginger Dressing by Walden Farms
1 tbsp Ginger (I use the squeezable kind)
1 tbsp Garlic (again…squeezable)
`16 Oz Culinary Cuts Cauliflower Cauliettes (or just chopped up cauliflower)
Again, my goal is to make this as easy as possible,so I often invest in pre-chopped broccoli if possible, or pre chopped cauliflower like these. These are great because you can steam them right in the bag and use them to make cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, whatev.
Another one of my prep staples is Walden Farms ANYTHING. I actually found this dressing the other day which got me ALL FIRED up about this recipe. Walden Farms is 0 calories. They also have everything; caramel topping, ranch, coffee creamer. It can all be found in the veggie aisle of your local grocery store.
To make this recipe is pretty simple.
1. Preheat skillet on a medium setting
2. Spray down a large pan with fat free cooking spray and add sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic. Toast until sesame seeds are golden brown
2. Add chopped sirloin and toss with seeds and seasonings to your desired taste.
3. Remove steak and set aside.
4. Add a small amount of olive oil or spray and then add broccoli. Saute the broccoli until it’s a little brown and crispy.
5. Combine broccoli and steak and add the Walden Farms dressing.
6. Mix well and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve on top of Cauliflower Rice
To Make The Cauliflower “Rice”
1. Steam bag in microwave as directed.
2. Saute in a separate pan with ginger and garlic until golden.
P.S. Here are the macros for my fellow IIFYMers!!!